Wednesday, April 11, 2007

"I fucking love a woman who swears."

Uh, so hello everyone. I am Rouge. You all would be the bazillion people visiting me from Dorothy Surrenders. Oh and I am a lesbian, but then again you all probably figured that out. Thankfully this site doesn't have a webcam otherwise you would spot the HUGE zit that has appeared on my chin just in time for my walk in the spotlight.

A Little About Moi

• I am clumsy. I've fallen off a roof and even a bus -- blessedly sober though.

Men hit on me, but not women.

• I drink far too much and have a penchant for debauchery. I also have a penchant for flashing people inadvertently.

• Finding a roommate and an apartment in New York City is hard.

• I once gatecrashed someone's holiday party at Tavern on the Green.

• I have a talent for dating only emotionally ambivalent/conflicted freaks of nature and then obsessively psychoanalyzing about it in this blog and in real life. Or rather just freaks of nature.

• I develop crushes on the insane, yet thinking I must have done something wrong.

• Here's the point when I realized I was living in a gay soap opera. And here. Here too.

• And for a final thought . . . food poisoning + transatlantic flight to London = bad.

Howdy, y'all!

12 comments:

Cal said...

Thanks to Dorothy, I love her blog, I'm taking an eye on yours. So, try to impress a french dying-to-fly-back once-more-to-New York girl.

Kristina K said...

Umm. Well, yes, I'm a stalker (no fear, a friendly one!) on Dorothy's blog so naturally, when she swooned over your womanly-cursing treats I had to come over and check it out. Hee. I'm so glad.

Anonymous said...

Hi to you too! Referred via Ms. Snarker. And very glad about it.

Re. food poisoning + transatlantic flight to London, try food poisoning + flight from NYC to Amman, Jordan. Not good.

nycrouge said...

I do think that sounds worse, Afro.

Thanks for all your comments everyone. I will do my best to entertain and self deprecate :)

Anonymous said...

Self-deprecating is good. I should know - I'm British!!

Anonymous said...

So how come you and Ms. Snarker can't date/aren't dating. Two sane lesbians with fantastic blogs? Do you two live too far apart?
-H

nycrouge said...

Try 3,000 miles. That and we've never met in real life, though I'm sure Ms. Snarker is a lovely.

Anonymous said...

Ms. Snarker was right to stalk your blog, it's fantastic!

If only I were completely Sane (I doubt my mere 63% would meet your high standards) and in NYC...

Re food poisoning stories: I've survived 5 hours in a ship's deck toilet in high winds

Anonymous said...

Ms. Rouge, I prefer the term stone cold fox to lovely. But, really, I’ll take what I can get. In fact, I consider anything above blathering idiot a total compliment. Glad to see I could help bring you some much deserved traffic. Keep reading people, she is truly fantastic!

LG said...

I found your blog last week, lost it, and found it again tonight - almost like the Amazing Grace version of bloghopping or something.

The lesbian scene in NY has GOT to be better than it is here in Cincinnati.

nycrouge said...

If it isn't then there is no hope for any of us, Laura.

Welcome to the blog.

Anonymous Lesbian said...

We have so much in common! I too get hit on by men but not women. I too am looking for a single and sane lesbian (and having absolutetly NO luck. Mainly with the "sane" criteria.)

I look forward to following your adventures! Found my way here through Dorothy and I feel right at home already. :)