Tuesday, April 10, 2007

"When are you going to move to Park Slope?"

I think it's worth mentioning where I live in light of recent blank stares, if only to educate my fellow Brooklynites. It may be a mouthful, but the name of my neighborhood is Prospect-Lefferts Gardens or Lefferts Gardens for short. It's on the other side of Prospect Park and choc full of architectural goodness that one easily finds in other sections of Brownstone Brooklyn. Not to mention it's only minutes from the park and the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens!

For those who don't live in Brooklyn, let alone New York, I'm sure your eyes are glazing over. The whole point of this mini geography lesson is the fact that no one knew where my neighborhood was when I was searching for a new roommate. In fact for every Craigslist ad I put out there, I got maybe two or three responses. In comparison, my friend Wendy recently got a hundred responses for her open room in Park Slope. The upside to this disparity is that I get some cheap living on the other side of the park. I'm sure these days are numbered and soon we'll all be living in the middle of Long Island Sound, but there you go.

No comments: