Wednesday, March 16, 2005

"And then she pledges her allegiance to the United States of Me."


Five lessons learned this morning.

1. The N train runs express from Union Square to Canal during peak hours.
2. The N train does not stop at Prince Street during peak hours.
3. My little map doesn't feel the need to inform me of no. 1 and 2.
4. Canal Street is quite a hike from my office.
5. It's even more of a hike when I walk the wrong way down Lafayette.

Sigh. A small tour of Chinatown and $5 cab ride later, I was only marginally late for work. I don't normally take the N R W, but since the 6 was fucked this morning (thanks, MTA) I had to work on a Plan B.

* * *
I saw Millions last night. Very cute, but nothing you'd expect from Danny Boyle, the director best known for Trainspotting, 28 Days Later, and Shallow Grave. I kept expecting the movie to degenerate into one of the following plot devices: a heroin overdose, a body and a suitcase of money, or zombies. Instead it was about two kids grieving over the death of their mother and the duffle bag of money they find. Cue tears.

No comments: