Monday, July 24, 2006

"You don't have insurance?"

The stars are not aligned in my favor.

Remember the nose ring? Well on Thursday I managed to rip (pull?) it out accidentally as I was removing my glasses. To add insult to injury, as I was trying to wash the blood off in the sink, the gold stud went down the drain. Argh! And then in a comedy mishap a couple days later, my friend accidentally stepped on my glasses. It was really my fault as I stupidly put them on the ground.

Don't ask.

Four hundred dollars later and pity discount from Lens Crafters, I have new glasses. Or at least will in five business days because my perscription is outside what they normally carry in-store. Did I mention that I don't have eye insurance. Double argh! Currently I'm writing this entry with the old glasses balanced precariously on my nose like a pince-nez.

4 comments:

Dorothy Snarker said...

Owww! And bummer. My sympathies. I once sat on my mother's eyeglasses when she placed them on the toilet to wash her face. She loved those glasses and bought them in Europe so they were irreplaceable. We laughed/cried about it for almost a half hour. I did, however, learn to never set my glasses on a closed toilet lid. No good can come of it.

Anonymous said...

What a sucky day!! It sounds like you are keeping your chin up though. Hang in there!

bad apologies said...

Did you at least have nose/piercing insurance to replace the stud?

nycrouge said...

Never set your glasses on the floor so you can better swig out of a whisky bottle. The glasses WILL get stepped on.