Tuesday, July 11, 2006

"That didn't really hurt at all!"


I got a nose ring. Or rather a gold stud with a crystal. One could say it was a spontaneous Sunday activity, but I have been mentioning to people during the last few months that I wanted one. Holly was good enough to come into the piercing room for emotional support.


When it came time to make the piercing, the man doing it told me to breathe in. I was close enough to see that he was missing a few bottom teeth. My lungs filled sharply and in went the needle.

I turned to Holly. "That didn't really hurt at all!"

Apparently I had a large needle impaled through my left nostril as I said this.

7 comments:

Red said...

Photos! Your public wants photos!

Anonymous said...

I am SO jealous!! I have been wanting to do this for at least a year, but I'm too scared. Weird, since getting my nipple pierced was, as you say, "a spontaneous Sunday activity" and yet the thought of a needle through my nose makes me lightheaded.

bad apologies said...

Were you premature? Did it hurt?! PICTURES!

Anonymous said...

I am sure it's bea-utiful!

Anonymous said...

I never heard mention of your nose ring desires!! As someone who was once a lover of spontaneous piercing (although in the ears only), I congratulate you!

H said...

What about tattoos?

nycrouge said...

Ich habe keine tattoos. Way to much commitment.