Sunday, August 12, 2007

"It's kind of intimidating."

It's worth mentioning, if belated, that a tornado -- an F2 tornado! -- cut a six mile path through Brooklyn last Wednesday before dissipating somewhere south of Prospect Park. It is also worth mentioning that tornadoes do not happen in Brooklyn, at least not since 1889. Apparently the likelihood of an F2 tornado happening in Brooklyn is a 20,000 to 50,000 year event. Couple that with last month's steam pipe explosion and the near total breakdown of the subway on Wednesday and I think something maybe going on. Just a thought.

Ms. K was in my bed when the storm passed through and while we had no idea that a tornado was raging nearby, we were quite aware of the cannon shots of thunder and flashes of lightning just outside my bay windows. The first time Ms. K stayed over an equally gnarly storm -- minus tornado -- passed through the area. So what does this mean? It means that when invite Ms. K to stay over not only does the sky open up and rain down a storm like no other, but tornadoes are spawned, trees are felled, steam pipes explode, and an entire subway system is rendered useless. Just a thought.

Speaking of Ms. K, she gave me a better, if unscientific, theory as to why I am single:

I think the reason you're single, despite the fact that you're obviously a catch, is due to the fact that you embody such good qualities. It's kind of intimidating. And I would venture to say that most of the women that you attract would fall into one of two categories. The first being the girls who are oblivious to your awesomeness for whatever reason, and that would mean that they suck, and definitely aren't worth it, or two, and you can include me in this one, would be the girls who realize straightaway that you're amazing, and become flustered by your presence, hence making it difficult to not behave like an idiot, and present themselves like normal people, which would then put you off. I for one am still working on not being nervous around you. I mean, it's not that I think that you should be making any apologies for being hot, smart, non-crazy, and having your shit together, it's just that it's unfortunately rare to find all of that in one person, and it's a little confusing in a too-good-to-be-true kind of way.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoever ms. k is, i'm officially in luv w/ her ideology. see, this is what i've concluded about my own singlehood (not to mention the fact that i like to travel and stay gone for months on end). i think people sense that someone like you will require/request their very best, and they can't handle it/aren't ready for it. i think someone like you is too much for a "fling" which is prolly why you don't have more "casual" dates. You don't seem the BS type. but i don't know you so...speculation abounds. happy u r happy tho!

sinclair sexsmith said...

ms. k has a pretty durn good point there! and is still coming across as incredibly adorible, just for the record.

bad apologies said...

Either I totally don't get chicks (which makes me really happy I am gay right now), or you're actually just as over-the-top ridiculous as we are.

All I can say: Wow.