Thursday, August 09, 2007

"I know I have the body but of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king."


We need more women warriors.

Not the shrewd, overly spun politicians playing the boy's game, but women with a passion for good and the strength for a fight. The Mariannes leading the charge, the Amazons with their bows and arrows. We need more Clara Bartons, Elizabeth Cady Stantons, Florence Nightingales, suffragettes, abolitionists, do-gooders, meddlers, and martyrs. We need more women who are both warriors and instruments of peace.

Can you tell I'm in a fighting mood? I confess to having watched the trailer for the Elizabeth sequel more than a couple of times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry we're out there.

Don't ask, because I can't tell you ;)