Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"Electricity will scribble out your name"

Ms. K and I are going to meet up tomorrow evening for various activities. I have alerted the mayor's office, the Department of Homeland Security, and NOAA because you never know what sort of calamity might strike when she and I get together have sex.

Wait, perhaps I shouldn't be so flippant. I mean, what if this is a real problem and not a coincidence? What if I have heretofore undiscovered dark powers? What if when Ms. K and I meet some calamity befalls the city? The day after we first met 41st Street blew up. Literally. The third time we met there was a tornado in Brooklyn and a flood. Fo reals.

But what of the second time we met? It took some digging around the internet and some retracing of my steps but I am highly suspect about the bridge that collapsed in Minnesota. Okay, it collapsed the day after the day after we met up and it was not in New York City, but this is a worrying trend. And I'm not making light of other's pain and suffering.

My point is that if Thursday, August 16, 2007 manages transpire without some sort of major calamity then the world can breathe a sigh of relief. Apocalypse will have been averted. My dark powers will have been contained.

In other news, in lieu of a belated My Friday Fave, here's my new favorite song.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AS the 30th anniversary of Elvis's death, August 16 2007 is already rather calamitous!
-M

birdnyc said...

maybe it just took that long for the dark energy to travel from new york to minnesota. like, it was riding on a really slow bus or something.

Anonymous said...

I'm predicting an earthquake.

Also, love. Like, the real kind that makes you stupidly happy for years and years. And makes for the best sex of your life.

If I'm right on both counts, will you give a testimonial for my psychic hotline?

Anonymous said...

It's my mom's birthday, Kathie Lee's and Madonna's.

Dorothy Snarker said...

Thank heavens you survived. Fantastic song, by the way.