Friday, August 04, 2006

"I'm going to remember this one . . . and bring it up when we're very drunk."


Sorry for the lack of OFAG updates. I came down with a dose of heat induced ennui in addition to a couple of busy days at work. So where did we leave off? Oh right, I was a popular girl.


I've been out every night this week -- Bryant Park on Monday for a movie, Trivia Night on Tuesday, Coney Island to see The Warriors on Wednesday, and drinks with Holly last night. I don't think I've had a face to face conversation with my roommate since sometime in July. And now I need to pack so I can catch a bus to DC. Instead I'm watching a movie and writing blog entries.

Now for the OFAG update. I've met two lovely people and a second date is in the works with Saturday Date Night Girl. Since I am going to be in DC this weekend, the second date will have to wait till I get back. Yay for dating normalcy!

Except . . . I found out that Holly is no longer dating her married boss. Yes folks, she's single. The girl that I had a missed connection with, spent most of 2005 in love with, and drunkenly made out with on my birthday is single. My head was spinning a little on Wednesday as I contemplated how the one barrier between her and I is finally gone. Dennise says I should jump her. I, in my infinite wisdom, have decided to aim for a laissez-faire approach. But I should note that she's been flirting with me hard core of late and I feel almost certain that given enough alcohol, something may happen.

Now I get to talk about how I broke my little toe on Wednesday by getting it caught in my office door. I'm nearly certain it's broken and it hurts like a bitch when I put my weight on it, but I can wiggle the toe. Does that mean it's not broken? Maybe I only sprained it as it doesn't hurt nearly as much as it did when I woke up on Thursday. And I noticed that it's bruised in one spot. Then again it could be dirt. No, no . . . it's definitely not dirt.

So it's been hot in New York? How hot you ask? Hot enough to breed maggots in the space between two dirty dishes in my sink. Let me say that that was one hell of a surprise when I went to do the dishes this morning.

1 comment:

sm said...

I guess I did promise. You are so popular now, maybe one more won't hurt.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/w4w/188358564.html