Thursday, February 26, 2009

"So as you have retired from OFAG some of the rest of us are still on the mission."

Writing recently about Fake Girlfriend has caused me to think back to my single days. Two and a half years ago, OFAG was in full swing and I chronicled my efforts on this blog. OFAG, an acronym for Operation Find A Girlfriend, was a balls out, take no prisoners approach to lesbian dating in New York City and it was frenetic in the way that things get when they are hatched in New York. OFAG was also tiring and by the end of 2006 I had run into the "hard wall of little reward", burned out on dating and disappointment. But by the summer of 2007 I met Ms. K, a reader of this blog, and despite all my initial inaccurate preconceptions of the relationship, we've been seeing each other ever since.

So when Ms. K recently went back and reread some of my older entries, she wrote me the cutest email.

"I won the OFAG contest! Yes?"

Yes, yes you did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just recently came across your blog and read your OFAG entries. I am so impressed with your dogged determination, pushing past the disappointments! It's inspiring me to go "balls out" in a lot of ways. Just proof that hard work can reap rewards in unexpected ways. :)