Friday, April 29, 2005

"I'm an artist. I don't make generic observations."


When my cell phone rang at 8:15 am yesterday morning, the caller ID showed that it was my mom. Wait, my mom never calls at this time of day. And of course being a person who immediately thinks the worse, I answered the phone expecting to hear that someone had died.

It's a universally accepted truth that you just don't call people at weird times, especially during the hours of midnight to nine in the morning. If you want to give a person a heart attack, call them at 4 am and you'll be the person finding out someone had died.

In this case, thankfully someone hadn't died. Heart rate started to return to normal. She just called to hear how my interview went. Sorry mom, I probably bombed it. Your daughter is still stuck in medical design purgatory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least no one died! And it's Friday! And there will be more jobs.
La

nycrouge said...

Oh yes. Yes there will.