Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"There is no Dana, only Zuul."

Writing about my future goals apparently provoked the Universe to push a lot of them front and center.

Completely independent of my blog post, Ms. K and I got into a lengthy and emotional discussion on Thursday night of our plans for the future -- cohabitation, our respective pets, short term and long term goals; it was all on the table, messy and offered up to speculation. And then yesterday I was sort of busted by my landlord for having Ms. K live with me on the sly. Feeling myself pushed into Triage Mode yet again (shakes fist!), I freaked out thinking that he was going to force her or us to leave. I fended off his inquiries for now. (Oh please God let this please be the last of it!)

The stress took a toll on me yesterday, so when I came home I made myself an overly large Manhattan while making three cheese & mushroom pizza from scratch. Afterwards Ms. K and I played Guitar Hero to blow off some steam, which reminded me that she is an excellent partner for having fun with and I looked back fondly to our Date Day of Sunday brunch at Beast followed by Baby Mama.

Unfortunately the mood I was in last night could only be delicately described as "bitchy." When she asked why I was cranky, I quickly answered back, "I'm not cranky!" Except imagine if the voice that came from my mouth was a combination of Linda Blair in The Exorcist and "There is no Dana, only Zuul" from Ghostbusters.

Ms. K looked at me alarmed when the deep voice, so unlike my own, growled at her. It was the first time I think she ever saw me get really tetchy and after she stopped looking like a frightened puppy, she burst out laughing and showered me with kisses.

"Aw, you're the cutest thing ever."

Yes. I am also big and scary.

In other news I'm thinking about taking a waitressing job so I can have a steady source of second income since the freelance pay has a tendency to fluctuate in an undesirable way. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

No comments: