Monday, April 14, 2008

"I want you to keep being my lady."

Now that Ms. K has a job in Brooklyn, I can rest a little easy. It has been a rough transition back to New York for her and getting her car broken into last month represented only the tip of the iceberg in terms of calamities tragedies she's had to endure. (And nevermind the fact that even though it's been a month, she still doesn't have her car back from the shop. Grr.) Thankfully her new job represents positive, forward movement . . . and delicious cocktails, which I got to try on Saturday when my roommate and I checked out the new bar.

Now that she has a job, she'll be crashing with me between trips to Pennsylvania until she can get her finances in order and find her own place. I've tried to keep her presence on the DL with my landlord since I'm not supposed to have long term guests, but he figured it out on his own . . . as did his wife, who also realized that Ms. K was more than just a friend. Guess this means that they know I'm gay . . . and that my girlfriend is pseudo living with me. Er, the cat is now out of the bag. (Can you believe that it's been nine months since Ms. K and I started dating?)

Sorry, not a very interesting blog update, but this makes for very big news in the Post No Bills household. That and I discovered last night that I am not very good at playing Guitar Hero. Hope you all like Ethiopian food!

No comments: