Thursday, December 07, 2006

"Reserved and ready."


Phew. All back to normal. Somewhat.


Things have been very interesting lately. I feel like I'm in a very transitional place and I don't know if it's because it's nearly the end of 2006 or some other cosmic force -- as if one stage of my life is ending and another beginning (I swear this has nothing to do with my entry about the Return of Saturn). I've decided to give up on Holly (again it seems), although she has been unavailable and thus have not been able to clue her in to this fact.

There's been a lot of introspection and a general sense of okay, what now? What now for my love life? What now for 2007? What are my goals? Where am I going? What do I want?


If there was Make A Wish Foundation for emotionally scarred lesbians, I would be a prime candidate. It would be called the Lesbian Make A Wish Foundation and upon when they discovered that I was most in need of having one wish granted and sent a team to Brooklyn to ask me what above all I wanted, I would tell them this:

My wish would be for the perfect Sunday. There's something about that day, something slow and sacred, that is best shared with a love one. The perfect Sunday would start out in bed with my specially wish granted lover/girlfriend/partner. We would lay around all morning alternating between naked time and brunch. Jazz would play on the radio. And when it seemed only sensible to shower and dress, we would go out into the day to walk in Prospect Park, taking in the sunshine and laying in the grass.

And then the next day I would die a horrible cancer ridden death. However I would at least die happy. Oh
please Lesbian Make A Wish Foundation. Please let me have my one wish so that I may die happy?


* * *

Side Note:

I spent yesterday migrating this blog template over to the Blogger Beta. Technological high jinks ensued and I even had to enlist the help of a fellow blogger to sort out some code issues. Although my stats were down for a while, they are back and I have been noticing an uptick in traffic from a certain blog that is getting some well deserved attention. All I have to say to the newcomers is welcome to my fucked up gay life. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww shucks, rouge. I hope my rambly instructions were helpful. Beta looks good on you. Thanks for the blog love. I’m all verklempt.

p.s. Your Make-A-Lesbian-Wish Day sounds lovely, except for the horrible cancer-ridden death part.