Monday, March 06, 2006

". . . sitting close to you was not close enough."


Tackle

Pronunciation: 'ta-k&l, naut often 'tA-
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English takel; akin to Middle Dutch takel ship's rigging

1 : to seize, take hold of, or grapple with especially with the intention of stopping or subduing
2 : to seize and throw down or stop (an opposing player with the ball) in football
3 : to seize or grab a prospective lesbian mate before she has had too much time to over analyze why making out or having sex would be a Very Bad Thing.

So, when we last left our heroine, she had spent the better part of last week moping around, eating Ben & Jerry's, and trying to sort through her feelings for Anne. Then Friday came and she perked up, ready to tackle The Lesbians. She joined Anne and her friend at Lychee Bar for cheap birthday food and drinks and then bowling. Things were going well for our heroine and in order to tell the story faster (ahem, J-Wo), I'm going to list the following events in chronological order:

- Anne invited me back to her place.

- I drank vodka.

- There were two Chris Rocks on the television because I was seeing double.

- Vodka bad.

- Anne and I went back to her bed.

- I tackled.

- I stayed in her bed till 5 pm the next day.

Three year dry spell? Over.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one of the very few people I know who is actually keeping up with their new years resolutions! Well done!

H said...

Totally frickin' awesome. Good for you!

Red said...

Resolution fulfilled within 9 weeks of the year! Congrats! Do you think if I drink enough vodka and tackle* my laptop I can finish off this PhD? *tackle in the definition 1, not definition 3, sense.

bad apologies said...

WooHoo! Woman love!

bad apologies said...

Till 5 pm!? Did Anne not take advantage of this time to wax on about the meaning of it all?! Was this gay man free sex, or is there a Uhaul on order? WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!?

bad apologies said...

One more question. If J-Wo is visiting you, when did all this mad lesbian sex happen?