Monday, July 11, 2005

". . . and I can show you why you will fail."


I don't particularly like to get political on my blog since, and let's face it, my life is heinous enough. However I'd like to at least highlight London Mayor Ken Livingstone's speech from last Thursday only because it is passionate and eloquent -- the right words at the right time.

I want to say one thing specifically to the world today. This was not a terrorist attack against the mighty and the powerful. It was not aimed at Presidents or Prime Ministers. It was aimed at ordinary, working-class Londoners, black and white, Muslim and Christian, Hindu and Jew, young and old. It was an indiscriminate attempt to slaughter, irrespective of any considerations for age, for class, for religion, or whatever.

[Full Text]

No comments: