Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Curious if you know of any tax breaks for people who didn't commit a heinous financial crime this year."



Since today is Tax Day, let's revisit last year's post where I made a series of resolutions. Did I keep them?

* File a 1040 EZ for my 2008 tax return.

A lofty goal, but one sadly not obtained.

* Have money saved in the bank to pay the taxes on my freelance 1099s.

Yes. YES! SUCK IT, HATERS!

* Have money saved in the bank.

See previous bullet point. Although I did not quite have as much money saved up as I would have liked, I am patting myself on the back for my improved situation.

* Have money saved in the bank with an institution that offers a 3% interest rate or higher.

Actually I could have answered yes, but bastardly HSBC Direct has slowly whittled away my 3.5% interest rate to something in the 1% range. Suck it, banks.

* Increase my freelance intake.

My freelance is taking off despite this shitty economy.

* Take a fucking vacation.

Does a weekend in Vermont count? Also there is a small chance I may be in Sweden this summer, so there you go.

Progress.

4 comments:

Alex said...

I wish I had made enough money to warrant filing a tax return, sadly not, but I still have to file anyway.

Anonymous said...

Sweden?? Realy where? I would love to find out what you think of sweden and us swedes!!

nycrouge said...

I plan to love Sweden. My good friend, an American, is marrying her longtime Swedish boyfriend in Stockholm.

Anonymous said...

Stockholm is on the wrong side of the country.A very beatiful city but you should see the west coast it´s more beatiful!!
tessan