Monday, April 13, 2009

"Why can't she get married in a state closer than Vermont??"

Apologies for the lack of updates -- I was in class all week learning the javascript (my right side of the brain was not happy with this). And then I had a deadline for a freelance project (both sides of the brain felt overtaxed by Friday's end). In lieu of a proper post, here are some updates.

* As of Saturday, I've lost 10 lbs. Yay gym! Although after last night's cake and booze laden Easter dinner, I'm sure I've gained it all back. I'm afraid to get on the scale and check.

* I bought a dress for Former Fake Girlfriend's wedding next month. As I tried things on in the dressing room of Lord & Taylor, I got a good look at myself in the three-way mirror and it wasn't pretty. Cringing as I noted an ample spread of cellulite, I wanted to cry out, Who let this happen?!! Oh. I did. But that's what the gym is for.

* Speaking of Former Fake Girlfriend's nuptials, she texted me excitedly when the Vermont legislature voted in favor of gay marriage as her wedding next month is in said state. But she was disappointed to learn that gay marriage will not be legal until September, four months after her ceremony.

* I found out last week that my health insurance company extends benefits to same sex couples who are legally married. Hmmm.

No comments: