Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"I'm going to a gay wedding in Vermont. How very topical of me!"

I gave up on the dream of wearing my new kate spade shoes to Former Fake Girlfriend's wedding on Saturday. It was an ambitious dream, but there is no reason -- apart from being lazy with my physical therapy -- that I cannot wear them to Beth's August wedding in Stockholm. So that is my new goal.

Speaking of the FFG's wedding, I've been asked to speak (give a toast? lecture? powerpoint presentation?) about how I introduced FFG to Ms. B and thus can claim credit for their eventual nuptials. I'm not 100 percent sure what I will say, but I will shy away from regaling them of stories of how FFG used to be my fake girlfriend, causing all sorts of ridiculous consternation and introspection. But hey, things work out the way they are supposed to and I have Ms. K and there are no regrets.

No comments: