Friday, March 20, 2009

"Let's me and you blow off work for the rest of the day and go have martinis."

After what seemed like the longest winter of my life, I awoke today -- the first day of Spring -- energized and longing for sunshine, greenery, and Easter eggs. Instead I was met with the sight of big fat flakes of snow and minimal sunshine. Mother Nature has a sense of irony.

My vernal excitement is unabated. Yes! I will go to the gym . . . on Monday! Yes! I will go shopping for a much needed Spring coat!

"What's wrong with your other Spring coat?" Ms. K asked when I told her of my failed shopping trip to Herald Square Macy's yesterday, which is like a workout in of itself.

I explained the my old coat is too snug, which brings me back to needing to go to the gym.

On Monday!

No comments: