Thursday, February 02, 2006

"That look is where boners go to die."

daily show
Blink and you'll miss my one second of blurry fame.

That about sums up my television appearance as a member of the Daily Show audience. For those who need a graphical aid, the photo to the left has some handy red arrows. You might need to squint a little [Click for enlarged image]. Many people asked how I managed to get tickets in the first place and I said that it's one of the few times in my life that I managed to follow directions correctly.

My Daily Show journey began back in October when I put in a ticket request. During my hellacious Halloween move from Bushwick a few days later, I got a call from the Daily Show -- tickets were available for February 1 if I wanted them. Hmmmmm. Free Daily Show tickets. That's a hard call. Obviously I said yes even though I had no idea what my schedule was going to be like three months in the future.


Fast forward to me standing in the cold outside the Daily Show studios on 11th Avenue. With Holly and Jess as my companions, I probably had the most free fun in New York ever (barring that time I once crashed Big Magazine Publisher's holiday party at Tavern on the Green). There was lots of laughing, especially in that way that you feel light headed for hours later.

I was definitely filled with the funny.

2 comments:

Bushwick is Beautiful said...

You are famous now!

nycrouge said...

I am a famous blur.