Wednesday, August 17, 2005

"Which one of you bitches sat on my dress?"


I've been depressed lately. Really depressed. So depressed that a worried Jane and Fala tried to figure out what was wrong with me as I have not been myself for a couple of weeks -- glum, listless, and flat. After nine months in Gotham, I'm still struggling to keep ahead monetarily and rebuild my social network. I need to keep telling myself that these things take more than nine months, but nonetheless I've been feeling overwhelmed and cut off. When I don't have a social outlet, I get depressed.


Now this is the part where I stop whining and start talking about the steps I am taking to combat my depression.

- Bought a ticket to go see Dennise in Cleveland. Guaranteed hilarity and good times.
- Bought the DVD of Priscilla Queen of the Desert, one of my favorite movies.
- Joined a book club in Williamsburg.
- Bought new shampoo.
- Made an appointment for a haircut.

Slightly dismayed that only one of the actions listed above is low cost. Oh well. At least I'm not eating my way out of depression.

1 comment:

EnnuiHerself said...

(((NYCRouge)))

Eveyone knows that Cleveland is an instant cure for depression.

Dennise