Thursday, June 16, 2005

"The evangelicals have stolen our fun Jesus and replaced him with Evil Jesus! Please help!"


God, I love getting paid. And even though the stingy bastards at work underpay me, at least it's a paycheck. Pay day makes me feel reckless, like going skipping down Broadway for Ann Taylor and Sephora or heading to the nearest bar and ordering top-shelf martinis instead of my $3 rail drink special. When payday corresponds with the second half of the month, all bets are off.

Unfortunately I was reckless with my last paycheck (well last two), which led to the Overdraft Smackdown of 2005. (What? Suddenly my bank thinks I owe them $90 in fees? Wow, I suck at being an adult.) Math has never been my strong point. And New York is a bitch eek out the day when you suddenly have only $60 to last the next two weeks.

So yes, today was payday. Huzzah! And my friend Vi is coming in from Chicago to stay with me. Let the good times roll!

No comments: