Wednesday, June 15, 2005

"The bag was bringing it up in the back."




Call this "Skirt Wearing Take Two" if you must. I figured that I'd give it another go after Saturday's graceless performance. Hyper self conscious, my hands have been fumbling down to the sides of my skirt every five seconds to make sure the damn thing isn't riding up in the back. (If you must know, the skirt is a very flowy, thin cotton material.) I was even mentally congratulating myself for a flash free morning and as I walked down Bleecker Street to get lunch, I felt someone tugging at me. I turned around and saw some five foot, white haired lady.

Good god. Not again.

Little Old Lady: "The bag was bringing it up in the back."

Me: "Erm, thanks."

I'd like to think that it wasn't too far up, but enough to draw the attention of every little old lady in a three block radius. Clearly they are the protectors of my receding virtue.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I don't know, I think as long as you're not tucking it into your pantyhose a la Bad 80s Movie Heroines, I think you're doing fine. Actually, I'm rather touched that there still are Little Old Ladies who do things like that. maybe I won't give up on humanity quite yet.