Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"I don't care how cute you or your remarks are, there will be no burqas of any kind."

I've had a hard time picking back up with the narrative of my life over the past couple of weeks. Perhaps it was work drama that has distracted me or the waning days of summer, but the half formed entries in my head just never seemed to make it onto the web. Having wanted to write some pithy summarization, I have opted for the highlights instead.

* Because of trauma at work, I have been drinking with coworkers. A lot. I've consumed more prosecco or tequila than I care to admit and I discovered that Superfine in DUMBO is my new favorite bar.

* After plans fell through to go to North Carolina for Labor Day Weekend, Ms. K came up from Pennsylvania and taught me how to drive stick shift in a Sears parking lot. Only stalling a half dozen times, we drove to the beach -- Jacob Riis Beach in the Rockaways -- both Monday and Tuesday. Our next plan is to drive back to Ft. Tilden and go biking before it gets too cold. Because, you know, I'm a professional stick shift driver now.

* From the above bullet point you can surmise that Ms. K is still in my life and it occurs to me that we've been seeing each other a month and a half. And it also occurs to me that this is the longest I've dated someone -- I'm not counting Holly since it wasn't a real relationship -- since January 2003. I should probably concoct a more in-depth entry about this, especially the long overdue entry that I've been meaning to write about OFAG.

* I really liked the comments on this entry. I could have easily written a couple of entries in response to some of the comments, but alas I was either drunk or lazy.

No comments: