Monday, December 15, 2008

"Wow."


Christmas came a little early to Post No Bills in the form of an unexpected raise. When Ms. K arrived home from work on Friday evening, I greeted her with the aroma of my celebratory meal cooking in the oven and a long, boozy kiss. "We will not be starving on the streets anytime soon," I gleefully exclaimed, fist held high in the air. My other hand held my half finished cocktail.

Seriously. Couple this with Ms. K's recent promotion and I think we might be alright. I mean it's ironic considering the state of world affairs right now and when many in New York are worried about layoffs. I don't know if this is good luck or a fortunate coincidence, but I supremely grateful.

Now Ms. K and I can look back at some of 2008's low points with a sort of nostalgic gallows humor. Hey honey, remember when the car got broken into? Remember the homelessness and unemployment? Remember the poverty? Ha ha, those were the days.

2 comments:

Red said...

Congratulations!!!!! To you both! :)

Anonymous said...

That's so great!! And, just in time for the holidays, too! Have a good one! Cheers!