Friday, October 24, 2008

"Oh noes!"

I realize I've talked a little more about politics than usual, but it's hard not too. The earth is shifting beneath our feet. The air in New York seems electrified with the gut wrenching dichotomy of progressive change and economic catastrophe. On the subway I notice people proudly wearing Obama pins affixed to their coat lapels while others talk worriedly about possibility of layoffs at their job.

It's stark.

On the personal end, Ms. K and I are trying to shore ourselves up for any earthquakes thrown our way. We cook more at home and figure out ways to save money. I don't know about her, but I'm always running crisis scenarios through my head and wondering how I would react. Job loss? Financial disaster? Zombie uprising? I feel like we've already gone through that (well, apart from the zombie uprising.) We're battle seasoned and we already have the medals for those tour of duties.

Ah, the things I have to think of now I'm an adult. Thank god I don't have kids to worry about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's those unexpected zombie uprisings that always catch me unawares. Good for you for planning ahead.