Thursday, October 23, 2008

"In the tank."


Larry David said waiting for November 4th -- that's Election day to those who are outside the US -- is like waiting for the results of a biopsy. What a perfect metaphor -- my foot is tapping nervously, my fingers jingling across the keyboard, my eyes darting over statistical data -- and while the doctor is pretty sure that there's nothing to worry about, there's still that chance for bad news. Very bad news.

Since there's 12 days left before the election, I want to remind you all to vote. Honor your vote. Love your vote. A lot of women protested their asses off so you and I and our daughters would get the chance to have our voices heard. And if you're registered to vote in the California, vote NO on Proposition 8. (My friend Sinclair is one of 8 bloggers uniting in a fight against a proposal to amend the California state constitution to define marriage as strictly between a man and a woman. Big nod to Dorothy Snarker too, the lady who likes to give me mad props.)

Don't let someone else dictate your future because you didn't cast that ballot.

No comments: