Monday, July 07, 2008

"Lucky Sevens."

Maybe there was something about the date 7/07/07. Countless couples chose the date to get married thinking that it was a particularly auspicious date. Even my friend Beth was proposed to by her boyfriend Nils on Paris's Pont Neuf at 7 pm. I, on the other hand, didn't expect much from the day. However I got my very first email from Ms. K where she told me that she had a little blog-crush on me (of the non-crazy, innocuous variety). I responded with something generic yet warm, thanking her for her praise.

The next day she responded with,

"Ever the procrastinator, I found my way back to your blog this morning, where I stumbled upon your dating manifesto. As a way to distract myself from a looming deadline, I have crafted a response. Note however, that I realize you probably aren't looking for responses, and I myself am generally apprehensive about contacting random people via the Internet, but at the very least, maybe I can provide some hope that there are in fact dateable women lurking about our fair city . . . ."

It doesn't feel like it's been a year, does it? And yes, I am a tool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww...happy virtual anniversary, girls.

the internets are for lovers