Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"There is evidence of a hangover in the kitchen."

Yes, things are definitely starting to look up.* I'm wearing a new dress, strange men are hitting on me in droves, and I'm reconnecting with friends that I haven't seen in a while. For the first time in a very long time I feel like my old self, which probably explains why I'm hungover this morning. And Ms. K and I will be celebrating our proper anniversary on Thursday.

You might have noticed an asterisk after the first sentence in the preceding paragraph. Ah yes, that pregnant symbol that denotes a contradiction and further explanation. For starters I got my phone wet while wading through a pool of water at the Delaware Water Gap. See, I got a little too excited about a waterfall and climbed all over it whilst fully clothed, forgetting about the phone in my pocket. The downside is that I lost all my phone contacts. The upside is that I have insurance, but I have to use my old timey circa 2004 fakakte cell phone in the interim.

Secondly, my cat Theo peed all over Ms. K's stuff. Twice. Bloodshed was averted. For now.

No comments: