Thursday, July 24, 2008

"You should move to Hawaii!"

Sorry, where was I? I think the heat and the lazy days of the summer has impacted the frequency of my blog writing. So what's going on? I wish I could say I've been at a beach, but alas I've been confined to air conditioned apartment or at least boozing it up in Prospect Park.

My cousin, who lives in Hawaii, was unexpectedly in town last weekend. We managed to catch up over beers and roasted corn on the cob at the Pop-Up Park. It was refreshing to be open with her about my homosexuality as I've not been very out to my family in the past. She confirmed that her mother -- my mom's sister -- knows that I'm gay and it's no real big deal. Apart from that, the conversation made me feel, for the first time in my life, a real connection to my family. And it felt nice.

No comments: