Monday, November 19, 2007

"Yay! It's a Party About Me!"



Thank you all for birthday wishes. It was definitely the Best Birthday Ever™ and I even dressed up, although my attempts to look like Marie Antoinette on the cheap looked more Harlequin romance cover than 18th century.

Some highlights:

* Getting laid. I think this was the first time I got laid on my birthday since 1998. Fo' reals.

* The birthday cake Ms. K made for me that consisted of Guinness, "a box of butter", chocolate, and other ingredients.

* The alternative birthday cake that Dennise fondly referred to as "donut mountain." Ingredients included Entenmann's donuts held together by cookie dough topped with chocolate frosting, sprinkles, whipped cream, and crushed wafers. Not so much a highlight than a conversation piece. But surprisingly delicious at 3 am whilst drunk.

* Having my house filled with a couple dozen friends of mine, including blogging friends of mine.

* Presents!

* Corset wearing guests!

* The random gay Scottish guy who came with a friend of a friend. He mercifully forgave me with a smile when I tipsily called him Irish, to which I pleaded with apologies that I was not normally such a stupid American. He was like my own personal Alan Cumming and he stayed till the very end of the party.

* Spontaneously running around and singing Hava Nagila. I really don't know what prompted this, but I blame the 4 Calvados sidecars that I had already had by that point. Ms. K thought I was making fun of her people but then I explained that it was something I did, which includes yelling mazal tov when ever someone drops a glass or breaks something.

* The chocolate covered bacon that my friend Meegs made. Not as terrible as it sounds, but Meegs did say that it "was one of the most disgusting things [she] ever made."

* Maire showing up with case (that's 12 bottles) of prosecco. I think we blew through it all by 1 am.

* Getting paddled by Bird and her girl 29 times + one for good luck.

While this birthday was the Best Birthday™, I realized that I barely got to talk to anyone because I was too busy running around being a hostess to 20+ people. I guess there's something to be said about small intimate affairs, right? Perhaps something to aim for when I hit the big 3-0 next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome party! We had a great time. No one does decadence like you do. Happy Birthday!!!

birdnyc said...

decadence and paddlings in the heezy, fo sheezy. happy birdday.

Dorothy Snarker said...

Happy (belated) Birthday wishes. Glad to see merry debauchery was had by all. Hope your turkey days was equally gobble gobble good. Cheers, fellow Scorpio.