Thursday, December 23, 2004

"Why haven't we left Trenton yet?"


Beth was wondering why I haven't posted on my blog for a couple weeks, to which I responded with one word: Flu.

For seven mucus filled days, I coughed, sneezed, wheezed, slept, and felt worse than if I had gone on a bender. And in the midst of this microbial circus, my stuff finally arrived from Washington. Normally this would have been cause for celebration, but I ended up moving furniture and unpacking boxes with a fever of 101.

Don't even get me started on the two trips I made to the Manhattan DMV.

Now that my misery has subsided, I am now confronted with another joy: Christmas. Still figuring out the last of my shopping-- only my parents are getting gifts this year . . . sorry everyone. And I didn't even get my xmas cards in the mail. When did I become such a grinch?

So I am back in Washington for some action packed family fun. I have to admit that it's Thursday and I've already started to go a little stir crazy, yearning for the freedom of my loft in New York. (Though it will be nice to see the aunts, uncles, and cousins tomorrow.)

Bring on the booze!

Speaking of alcohol, for Christmas my bosses got me 1.75 litres of Belvedere vodka and a bottle of tequila. Now before you all assume that I am some raging alcoholic, I should point out that my two other coworkers also received similar gifts. And then later that evening during the work Christmas party at the Spring Lounge, my bosses bought me multiple rounds of tequila shots.

One wonders if my liver will survive this job.


No comments: