Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"There is something freeing in putting it into words. Sometimes that is enough."

In the midst of last week's psychic turbulence, I managed to release something that had been pent up inside me. Or maybe I integrated something that had been disconnected. I feel better I think; I can move on. Hooray for that.

I guess I never really explained how my Christmas went and how I managed to appease my mother yet keep my own precious sanity. I took the 8 am train out of Penn Station on Christmas morning and arrived at my parents' house before noon. By the evening of the 26th I was back in New York and nursing a sick girlfriend back to health. I'm sure my mother wasn't too pleased by my in-and-out visit, but it's about as much as I can stand before I get jittery and yearn for the comforts of home.

No comments: