Wednesday, October 12, 2005

"Are the birds going to eat us, Mommy?"


I have the plague. Or something. First manifestation of the plague? Odd and plentiful bug bites on my hands, arms, and thigh -- the kind where you can't stop itching them. Benadryl, take me away! Second manifestation of the plague? A persistent burning sensation in the stomach that is exacerbated by eating and drinking. Thus, I've barely had anything to eat or drink in the last two days.


Woe. Is. Me.
* * *

It's webring assignment time again.

In whatever writing style you feel moved to use (poetry, prose, list ...) I want you to detail 5 thing you are (traits, titles, or descriptions), 5 things you aren't, and 5 things you want to be.

I wanted to put more thought into this, but seeing how every fifth word out of my brain is "Ow!" we're going to go with a simple list.


Things I am:
1. Creative
2. Reliable
3. Kooky
4. Optimistic
5. Ow!

Things I am not:
1. Flakey
2. Dishonest
3. Good at communicating
4. Good at multitasking
5. Good at paying for music online

Things I want to be:
1. Better with money
2. Braver
3. Happier with my job
4. Paid more
5. Surrounded by a strong social network

For other takes on this topic see:

A Prize In Every Box | Write Again Soon | Wish to See | Bad Apologies | A Little Maryment | Lugnochro

2 comments:

Red said...

I certainly hope you are making plans to access health care. Does your roommate have bug bites? Is the cat bug free? Do you have an ulcer?

nycrouge said...

I'll give health care another look if I am still feeling bad tomorrow. That said, I feel better after lunch.

As for the bites (which itch like a bitch), I have no idea. The cat is indoor and I on some regimens due to his imminent emmigration to the UK. I'll ask my roommate about whether she has any bites.