Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"I'm sick of fucking around with these asshats."

I've managed to calm down somewhat after an infuriating day. Ms. K's insurance agency has been dicking her around and threatening to deny her claim over some misunderstandings about where she lives. Pennsylvania? New York? While she lives with me, she's still a legal resident of Pennsylvania. She still pays taxes and is registered to vote there. My temper was raised after Ms. K called to say that her insurance agency may not pay the claim even though the accident wasn't her fault. (New York is a no fault state.) Seriously? REALLY? And here I was worrying about Ms. K being a little upside down on the loan. But to have to owe the full balance of a car that was totaled due to someone else's actions??

I wanted to kill someone. Instead I talked to a lawyer who I work with. Armed with some helpful knowledge, I sat down to write Ms. K over the emails when she happened to call. Another insurance agent with the company, Sunshine was her name, was ready to discuss a dollar amount with Ms. K.

Huh? Just a couple hours before the other agent was threatening Ms. K. Now the company is ready to settle?

While nothing is set in stone, the propose dollar amount is MORE than what is owed on the car, so this is good news indeed. Fingers crossed. Even though Americans are litigious in nature, we are not and don't fancy suing anyone to recoup losses.

No comments: